Monday, September 16, 2019

The 9 Songs That Changed My Life

I saw the article on Kerrang with those questions to Parkway Drive man Winston McCall and I decided to try them myself...quite a journey through memory lane.

The first song I remember hearing…

Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'

I had to pick one out of my parents' favorites. They were not massive music fans, but they had a small vinyl collections and liked the more mainstream 60's rock music. It's heard to remember exactly, but this was the first one that came to mind when I read the question.


The song that reminds me of my childhood…

Iron Maiden - Flash of the Blade

This was the first metal song I remember liking and from the first album I even bought. I was eight! Some things are just meant to be...


The first song I ever learned to play…

The Beatles - She Loves You

It's hard to know for sure, but I think this is a good guess. It's a relatively simple song using simple chords. I was already a The Beatles fan when I was 12, before learning how to play riffs and solos, simple chords progressions was the way to go.


The song that made me want to be in a band…

Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

I dreamed about being a guitar hero and Satriani was always my favorite shredder. Surfing with the Alien is one of my favorite albums and a top 10 influential for me. This song was the coolest to try to learn.


My favorite song to play live…

The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings

BWBW was the first and pretty much the only song that I would sing instead of playing the bass and that's why it was my favorite. Our singer had a more alt rock clean singing, so I suggested to sing this one with some aggressive drive, good times.



The song that reminds me of my first love…

Chris De Burgh - Lady in Red

No comments, I was what, 9?


The first song that I crowdsurfed to…

In Flames - Pinball Map

Fun fact - it wasn't so long ago...I've never been a surfer, but wanted to try once, and guess what? It's awesome! In Flames is always one of the most intense surfing bands in a festival.


The song that picks me up when I’ve been down…

Rainbow - Stargazer

It's simple the perfect song. My favorite song of all times.


The song I’d like played at my funeral…

Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams

The best band of all times that completely changed my life and without Maiden I would be a different person and would've had a completely different life. This song is one of my favorites and it's quite emotional, besides the title fits well to the occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment